Lean & Green Recipe Contest
Open to residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C.
HOW TO ENTER:
Beginning at 12:01 am ET on July 1, 2013 through 11:59 pm ET August 15, 2013, log on to http://www.medifastrecipes.com,
click on the button to submit recipe, and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be asked to provide a recipe, recipe name and
photograph of your prepared recipe (together your “Submission”). The recipe must include a minimum of three ingredients and must
include at least one of the following products: Lean and Green Meal Helper Brown Gravy Mix or Lean and Green Meal Helper Fajita Seasoning Mix.
Recipe must be submitted via the website, and photograph must be uploaded to the website.
To complete your Submission, you are required to provide the following information:
- A recipe (in 14,000 characters or less - 7,000 characters for the recipe ingredients and 7,000 characters for the recipe preparation instructions).
Recipe must include all of the following for entry to be eligible: ingredients and quantity of each ingredient, and complete step-by-step preparation instructions.
- Name for your Recipe (in 150 characters or less).
- Photograph of your prepared recipe uploaded to the website. Photograph can be in any of the following file formats: JPG, PNG, GIF or PDF. File size cannot exceed 250 MB.
Only the prepared recipe should appear in the photograph – no people, including entrant, should appear in the photograph.
- Your First Name
- Your e-mail address
Sponsor reserves the right to edit Submissions and/or change the Submissions in any way at its sole discretion.
All Submissions must be different and each unique recipe submission is another chance to win. Incomplete, illegible, or corrupted Submissions will not be considered.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected ideas/Submissions.
The Submission must be suitable for publication or publicity purposes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain or reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- contain or reference trademarks, logos (except Sponsor’s) or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product (except Sponsor’s) of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; and
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
By submitting a Recipe you warrant and represent that:
- The Submission must be original content developed and owned by you,
- it has not been previously published,
- it has not received previous awards,
- it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- the participants depicted in the Submission (or their parents/legal guardians if participants are minors), if any, have given written consent to its Submission into the promotion and use as contemplated by these Official Rules; and
- publication of the Submission via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party.
Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary. Any Submission that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication or inclusion in the promotion for any reason will be disqualified.
Open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C. except for employees of Medifast, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates ("Sponsor"),
and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household.
Void outside the 50 United States and D.C., and where prohibited.
All recipes that are compliant with Medifast Lean & Green standards, and are appealing, creative and original will be posted to the Medifast Recipe Site
(MedifastRecipes.com) and will be entered to win a Backyard BBQ Package. Winners will be selected at random and will be notified by their message inbox on Medifast Community.
The recipes that qualify to be uploaded to the Medifast Recipe site will be entered to be included in the new Medifast Recipe Booklet.
Judging will be based on the following criteria: taste (60%), creativity & originality of the recipe (30%), and creativity & originality of the recipe name (10%).
The Entry with the highest score at the conclusion of Round 2 judging will be the Grand Prize winner, and their recipes will be featured in the new Medifast Recipe Booklet.
The winner will be notified through their message inbox on Medifast Community. In the event of a tie during judging, tied entries will be re-evaluated and the winner will be
determined on the following criteria: Taste (100%). Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility.
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)
Ten (10) Prizes: Ten Backyard BBQ packages will be given to the 10 randomly selected winners.
Backyard BBQ Package is a $38.50 value and includes 1 box each of Chocolate Mint Soft Serve, Macaroni & Cheese,
Fajita Seasoning Mix (including recipe for Fajita Hamburger with Fresh Salsa) and Brown Gravy Mix (including recipe for Savory Summer Lamb Kabobs).
- GENERAL TERMS:
By participating, participants accept and agree to these Official Rules. Participation also constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use participants' names,
likenesses, biographical information, and Submissions, for marketing and trade purposes without compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late Submissions, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed,
incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or
utilized in this promotion, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Submissions in this promotion.
- FUTURE USE:
Entering and uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use,
reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form,
media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to for promotional or marketing purposes. In the event any Submission is used by Sponsor in the future, the
entrant who submitted the Submission will not receive any type of acknowledgement or compensation beyond the prize awarded.
Medifast, Inc., 11445 Cronhill Drive, Owings Mills, Maryland 21117.
- Winners List:
For a winners list click here